Monday, September 17, 2012

Ameda Store and Pour Breast Milk Storage Bag

{My Review} The Ameda Store 'N Pour starter kit works very well. I love that it comes with two adapters in case you misplace one. The adapters fit many brands of breast pumps which is great. I do not have an Ameda pump and the adapter screwed onto my flange perfectly. The adapters hook securely into the storage bags. You have to close the seals of the bags as much as possible around the adapter to create more of a suction. I noticed that because of the air transfer on the sides of the adapter I had to turn my pump up higher than when a bottle was attached. The pump worked just as well though. If you were using a manual pump I would imagine it would be more difficult because you would have to pump harder and/or faster to get the same suction because of the escaping air. I do not pump that often, a few times a week when my son sleeps for a long period of time. When he has slept all night I usually pump the side opposite that he is nursing on in the morning. This is kind of tricky with the Store 'N Pour bags as I am trying to keep the bag sealed around the adapter, make sure none spills when I have to move the baby and try to keep my son latched on properly. The kit works much more easily when I am not breastfeeding at the same time. I think the Store 'N Pour storage kit would be ideal for mothers who pump at work. Especially if you have a double pump with pumping bra! You could pump directly into the storage bags. This would save the time needed to pour the milk into storage bags, wash and sterilize the bottles for the next pump break and minimize the risk of spilling the hard-earned milk. The bags stand up when full of milk and sealed. This feature has pros and cons for me. Pro: you can easily see the amount of milk in the bag in ounces after pumping. Con: The bags are shorter than some and get fatter. I prefer to lay the bags of milk horizontally in the freezer so they freeze in easily stack-able layers. The Ameda Store 'N Pour bags take up more room in the freezer standing up and do not stack well. The Pour feature is awesome on these bags. Great for baby-sitters or dads. Just defrost, snip the tab and pour into a bottle to be warmed. Much less chance of someone spilling your precious milk while trying to unseal the bag and pour into a bottle through a big opening. The starter kit costs $23.99 for the two adapters and 20 bags. You can then buy the refill bags for $37.99 for 40 bags. I think the kit is great but find the price kind of steep for milk storage bags. However, if you are an exclusively pumping mama or a mom that pumps at work then the price would definitely be worth the time savings mentioned above. {Buy It} Ameda Store 'N Pour Milk Storage: Getting Started Kit --- $23.99 Ameda Store 'N Pour Milk Storage Refill Bags --- $37.99 for 40 bags Mother's Choice Products has a large selection of Ameda products. Mother's Choice Products only ships within CANADA. {Disclosure} I received the Ameda Store 'N Pour milk storage kit free of charge from Mother's Choice Products to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% mine and honest. I will NOT be compensated for sales of these Ameda products or any other items sold by Mother's Choice Products. Your experience with these products may differ from mine

No comments: